Here's a simple way for you to know whether your Globe SIM card is LTE-capable or not. LTE stands for Long Term Evolution and is sometimes referred to as 4G LTE. It's a standard for wireless data transmission that allows you to download your favorite music, websites, and video really fast—much faster than you could with the previous technology, 3G source. See the steps below.
1. Tap your Phone or Dialer icon.
2. Dial *143# and press the Call button.
3. Type 0 for My Account. Press Send or Enter.
4. Inside My Account, type 4 for LTE Sim Check. Press Send or Enter.
5. A message saying: "Thank you! You will get a response via text shortly." will popup. Press the OK button to continue.
6. Afterwards, a message from Globe saying: "Wow! You're already an LTE SIM user. Maxminize your data experience by using an LTE-capable device in LTE-powered areas. Register to promos via *143#. Thank you."