LIST: 10+ Most Beautiful Somali Actresses
1. Alisha Ilhaan Bø, known professionally as Alisha Boe, is an Norwegian-Somali actress. She is known for playing Jessica Davis in the Netflix drama series 13 Reasons Why.
Born: 6 March 1997, Oslo, Norway
Parents: Vibeke Boe
Education: El Camino Real Charter High School, Hale Charter Academy
Movies and TV shows: 13 Reasons Why (2017 – 2020), 68 Kill (2017), Yes, God, Yes (2019), Poms (2019)
2. Idil Ibrahim is a Somali-American independent film director, producer, actress, writer.
Born: California, United States
Education: New York University, University of California, Berkeley
Movies: Sega (2018), Fishing Without Nets (2014), Am I Going Too Fast?, Transit Game (2014)
3. Iman is a Somali fashion model, actress and entrepreneur. A former muse of designers Gianni Versace, Halston, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan and Yves Saint Laurent, she is also noted for her philanthropic work. She is the widow of English rock musician David Bowie, whom she married in 1992.
Born: 25 July 1955, Mogadishu, Somalia
Height: 1.75 m
Hair color: Dark brown
Children: Alexandria Zahra Jones, Zulekha Haywood
Spouse: David Bowie (m. 1992–2016), Spencer Haywood (m. 1977–1987)
Movies and TV shows: Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991), No Way Out (1987), The Fashion Show (2009 – 2011), Project Runway Canada (2007 – 2009)
4. Saba Anglana is a Somali-Italian actress and international singer.
Born: 17 November 1970, Mogadishu, Somalia
Education: Sapienza University of Rome
Movies: Totò Sapore e la Magica Storia della Pizza, Mimmo e il suo ultimo desiderio
Albums: Biyo, Ye Katama Hod, Life Changanyisha, O.S.T. Se devo essere sincera
Genre: World, Children's Music
5. Sabrina Dhowre is an actress and model.
Spouse: Idris Elba (m. 2019)
6. Yasmine Allas is a Somali-Dutch actress and writer.
Born: 1967, Mogadishu, Somalia
Spouse: Hans Hanewald
7. Yusra Warsama is an actress and writer. She has Somali roots.
Born: United Arab Emirates
Movies and TV shows: The Journey Is The Destination (2016), Castle Rock (2018 – 2019), Mogadishu, Minnesota, The Last Days on Mars (2013)
8. Waris Dirie is a Somali model, author, actress and human rights activist in the fight against Female Genital Mutilation. From 1997 to 2003, she was a UN special ambassador against female genital mutilation. In 2002 she founded her own organisation in Vienna, the Desert Flower Foundation.
Born: 1965, Galkayo, Somalia
Height: 1.75 m
Movies: Desert Flower, A Nomad in New York: The Day That Changed My Life, 2002 World Awards, The Living Daylights
Nationality: Austrian, Somali
Awards: Glamour Woman of the Year Award
Books: Desert Flower (1998), Amanecer en el desierto (2001), Desert Children (2005), Saving Safa: Rescuing a Little Girl from FGM (2013)
9. Katra Gedleh is an actress. Based in San Diego.
10. Soolaya-Rose Yusuf is a British actress based in London. Also a singer, songwriter & poet.
11. Maryan Haye is an actress. Based in Toronto.