A total of 24 teams will advance to the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup Qualifiers. Only 16 teams will make it to the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup.
List of 24 Teams Qualified for the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup QualifiersThese 16 teams were all included in the Division A or the 2017 FIBA Asia Cup participants.
1. Australia (gold)
2. Iran (silver)
3. South Korea (bronze)
4. New Zealand
12. Chinese Taipei
15. Hong Kong
On the other hand, 12 teams are going to the 2nd round of the pre-qualifiers. These teams are: (in no particular order)
1. Indonesia (1st place SEABA 2018)
2. Thailand (2nd place SEABA 2018)
3. Malaysia (3rd place SEABA 2018)
4. Singapore (4th place SEABA 2018)
5. Sri Lanka (1st place SABA 2018)
6. Bangladesh (2nd place SABA 2018)
7. Bahrain (1st place GBA 2018)
8. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (2nd place GBA 2018)
9. Guam (directly qualified to the pre-qualifier)
10. Fiji (directly qualified to the pre-qualifier)
11. Palestine (directly qualified to the pre-qualifier)
12. Macau (directly qualified to the pre-qualifier)
Only 8 out of the 12 teams will make it to the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup Qualifiers. The remaining 8 teams will be called the Division B teams.
TBP - to be posted
SEABA - South East Asian Basketball Association
SABA - South Asian Basketball Association
GBA - Gulf Basketball Association
If this article helped you, share this in your friends on Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Just click any of the buttons above. Sharing is giving. Salamat po!