The email which dated last August 10th stated that:
As of August 10, 2020, you will no longer be able to select Western Union as a new form of payment. We recommend that publishers currently using Western Union switch to another available payment method before payments through Western Union stop in early 2021. We will inform current users about when Western Union can no longer be used to receiving payments in their country. Learn more about the other available forms of payment and how to set up your form of payment.
And another email by Google Payments said that:
Title: Choose a different way to receive payments.
As of early 2021, Google will stop disbursing payments through Western Union. To continue to receive payments from Google, you must sign in to your account (Google AdSense, Google AdMob, Google Ad Manager) and add or select a different method for receiving payments. Learn more about how to set up a new form of payment for:
- Google AdSense
- Google AdMob
- Google Ad Manager
The Google Payments Team
The second email is an unequivocal statement: to continue receiving money from Google Adsense, we must change a different payment method and change the default Western Union to a bank or Wire Transfer. Actually, the Check option is also available for the Philippines, but it is not recommended because it is a slow process.
Okay, we will now discuss how you can receive your money using different banks here in the Philippines, like BDO, Metrobank, BPI, Landbank, Union Bank, PNB, and more. See the steps below.
How to withdraw Adsense earnings using Metrobank?You can follow my first published tutorial here, or continue below.
1. Inside your Google Adsense account, click Payments.
2. Now, click the ADD PAYMENT METHOD.
3. Then click Add new wire transfer method.
4. Now type all the needed information in the form, see example below:
- Beneficiary field: just leave it blank.
- Name on bank account: Type your complete name.
- Bank Name: METROPOLITAN BANK AND TRUST CO. (METROBANK)
- SWIFT BIC: MBTCPHMM
- Account number: It is the number below your Account name. See the image below. Note: The account number is different from the Card number.
- Re-type account number: Just re-type your Account number. And leave the remaining fields untouched.
How to withdraw Adsense money using BDO?1. The same process applies to the Metrobank tutorial. Just change the following:
- Bank Name: BANCO DE ORO (BDO) UNIBANK
- SWIFT BIC: BNORPHMM
How about Landbank, how to cashout GA payments using it?1. Equivalent steps apply also. Just change the Bank Name and the Swift IC code.
- Bank Name: LAND BANK OF THE PHILIPPINES
- SWIFT BIC: TLBPPHMM
- Bank Name: BANK OF THE PHILIPPINE ISLANDS (BPI)
- SWIFT BIC: BOPIPHMM
For Union Bank:
- Bank Name: UNION BANK OF THE PHILIPPINES
- SWIFT BIC: UBPHPHMM
Essential Question: What if I do not have a Bank account that accepts Wire Transfer? Can I use someone else's? Answer: YES! You can. Just follow the required steps below to do it.
1. Inside your Google Adsense account, go to Payments.
2. Under Settings, click MANAGE SETTINGS.
3. Inside the Payments profile, click the Pen icon to edit the Name and Address of Google Adsense money receiver.
4. From Jeremy Noah (the Western Union money receiver), change it to the one with a Bank account. Same with the address. Make sure the Name and the Address that you will type exactly matches the name and address in the Bank Account.
5. When done, click the Save button.
6. You can now follow the steps above on setting up a Wire Transfer to your specific bank account.
- You cannot use an international bank account or bank outside the Philippines. If you are living here in the Philippines, only banks here in the Philippines are allowed for your Wire Transfer. Same with the other publishers from different countries.