For this tutorial, I already created a simple and free to download Maintenance Blogger Template that you can use in the future. But you need to follow the steps below to be able to safely put your blog to maintenance mode.
How to put any Blogger website to Maintenance state?
1. First, we need to backup the current template that we have. Go to Blogger > Theme > click Backup/Restore > Download Theme.
2. After downloading your theme store it in a safe place. You are now ready to put your Blogspot under maintenance. Do not worry about all your posts, they are all safe and untouched inside your blog. Now, download the Maintenance Blogger Template here > [ Mediafire ] [ Box ] [ Mega ].
3. After downloading, again, go to your Theme > click Backup/Restore > Choose File > and then browse for the Maintenance Blogger Template that you downloaded in Step No. 2. Click the Open and then Upload button to upload your template.
4. When done uploading, again, go to Blogger > Theme > under Mobile, click the gear or Settings icon.
5. Change the value "Yes. Show mobile theme on mobile devices." to "No. Show desktop theme on mobile devices."
6. You can now check your blog, and it is already on maintenance mode.
How to put any Blogger website from Maintenance to LIVE state?
1. To be able to remove the Maintenance Blogger Template, all you need to do is to re-upload your previous template. Again, go to Blogger > Theme > click Backup/Restore > Choose File > and then browse for your original Blogger Template that you backup earlier. Click the Open and then Upload button to upload your template.
If you have a question, please do not hesitate to ask using the comment form below. GBU!