LIST: 20+ Most Beautiful Kenyan Actresses
1. Judith Nyambura Mwangi, better known by her mononym Avril, is a Kenyan singer-songwriter, actress, and entertainer. She was formerly signed to Ogopa Deejays, one of the leading music production and record labels in Kenya.
Born: 30 April 1986, Nakuru, Kenya
Education: University of Nairobi
Albums: Hakuna Yule (Missing You)
2. Brenda Wairimu is a Kenyan actress and model known for her role in the soap opera Mali. She is most notable for playing various roles in some television series.
Born: 3 May 1989, Mombasa, Kenya
Parents: Janet Njeri Ngatho
Education: United States International University Africa
Children: Amor Njeri
Movies and TV shows: Subira (2018), Disconnect (2018), Mali (2011 – 2015), Kona (2013 – 2014), Shuga (Since 2009)
3. Diana Deedan Muyira is a Ugandan actress and media personality, known for playing the role of Tracy Kintu in Nana Kagga’s Beneath The Lies. Deedan was born in Kenya and moved to Uganda to work.
Movies and TV shows: Beneath the Lies – The Series, Mela, Papi
4. Eve D'Souza is a Kenyan media personality, radio presenter, and actress. As a radio presenter, she is known for working with 98.4 Capital FM.
Born: 11 March 1979, Mombasa, Kenya
Education: Catholic University of Eastern Africa
Parents: Martina D’Souza, Andrew D’Souza
Siblings: Sharon D’Souza, Jason D’Souza
TV shows: Auntie Boss! (2014 – 2020), Travel Diaries
5. Grace Wacuka Njoroge is an actress.
Filmography: A New Christmas
6. Janet Kirina Nariki is a Kenyan actress, singer, songwriter, TV host, and producer. Kirina is known for her role in Makutano Junction.
Born: 25 April 1986, Kajiado, Kenya
Genre: Rhythm and blues
Label: Unsigned artist
TV shows: Makutano Junction
7. Janet Mbugua – Ndichu is a Kenyan media personality, anchor, and actress. As a news anchor, she is known to have served in KTN in the earlier year of her career. She worked for Citizen TV for several years before announcing her retirement from the media industry.
Born: 10 January 1984, Mombasa, Kenya
Spouse: Edward Ndichu (m. 2015)
Education: Limkokwing University
Siblings: Timothy Mbugua
TV shows: Rush
8. Joey Muthengi is a media personality and actress. Her entry into the Kenyan media industry came through being a radio personality on 98.4 Capital FM from 2009-2013, where she hosted and produced the wildly popular youth show ‘Hits Not Homework.
Born: 2 August 1985, Kijabe, Kenya
Siblings: Holy Dave, Eunice Muthengi, Mumo Muthengi
TV shows: Tusker Project Fame
Education: Hope College, Rift Valley Academy
9. Krysteen Savane is an actress, producer, and manager.
Movies: Soul Boy (2010), It's Us (2013), The Marshal of Finland (2012)
10. Elizabeth Anne Achieng' Njagah Konstantaras, or simply credited as Lizz Njagah, is a Kenyan actress, film director, and producer. She has appeared in several television series and films. She is one of Kenya's most celebrated actresses and quite notable for having leading roles in both television and film projects.
Born: Nairobi, Kenya
Casting directed: Kibera Kid
Movies and TV shows: Fundi-Mentals (2015), House of Lungula (2013), Veve (2014), How to Find a Husband (2015), Jane & Abel (Since 2014)
11. Lupita Amondi Nyong'o is a Kenyan-Mexican actress and author. The daughter of Kenyan politician Peter Anyang' Nyong'o, Nyong'o was born in Mexico City, where her father was teaching and was raised in Kenya from the age of one.
Born: 1 March 1983, Mexico City, Mexico
Awards: Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role
TV shows: Star Wars Forces of Destiny (Shorts), Shuga
Movies: Black Panther (2018), Us (2019), 12 Years a Slave (2013), Little Monsters (2019), Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Episode VII) (2015)
12. Maureen Koech is a Kenyan actress, songwriter, and singer. She is notable for her role in the KTN's Lies that Bind.
Born: 21 May 1989, Nairobi, Kenya
Education: Strathmore University
Genres: African popular music, Rhythm, and blues
13. Mumbi Maina is a Kenyan actress known for her role in the soap opera Mali.
Born: 14 January 1985, Nairobi, Kenya
Movies and TV shows: How to Find a Husband (2015), Mali (2011 – 2015), Jane & Abel (Since 2014), Kati Kati (2016), Shattered (2010)
14. Patricia Wangechi Kihoro is a Kenyan singer, songwriter, actress, radio, and reality television personality. She rose into prominence after she participated in the third season of Tusker Project Fame, where she became one of the finalists.
Born: 4 January 1986, Nairobi, Kenya
Education: CloudSoft Computers
Record label: Mattel - Arts Music
Albums: Big World! Big Adventures! the Movie (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Genres: Pop music, Soul music, Contemporary Soul
Movies and TV shows: Rafiki (2018), Homecoming (2013), Rush (Since 2014)
15. Pierra Makena is a Kenyan disc jockey, actress, and TV personality. She won the best-supporting actress for her role in When Love Comes Around at the annual Nollywood and African Film Critics Awards in Los Angeles.
Born: 11 April 1981, Meru, Kenya
Children: Ricca Pokot
Movies: When Love Comes Around, Disconnect (2018)
16. Sarah Hassan is a Kenyan actress, model, and TV host. She has appeared in more than a dozen films and television series. She is notable for her role in the Citizen TV comedy-drama, Tahidi High, and The Wedding Show.
Born: 5 September 1988, Mombasa, Kenya
Education: Machakos Girls High School, Jomo Kenyatta University Of Agriculture And Technology
Movies and TV shows: House of Lungula (2013), How to Find a Husband (2015), Jane & Abel (Since 2014), Utopia (2018)
17. Linet Munyali, professionally known as Size 8, is a Kenyan singer, songwriter, and actress. Formerly a secular artist, Size 8 is known for her singles "Shamba Boy" and "Moto." In April 2013, she released her first gospel single "Mateke." As an actress, she had a small role in the legal comedy Mashtaka.
Born: 4 August 1987, Nairobi, Kenya
Full name: Linet Masiro Munyali
Spouse: Samwel Muraya (m. 2013)
Children: Ladasha Belle Muraya
Siblings: Mary Munyali, Robert Simiyu Munyali
18. Veronica Waceke is a Kenyan actress. She appeared in the 2015 film Fundi-Mentals. For her performance in the film My Faith, Waceke won the Best East African Female Actress award at the Mashariki Film Festival.
Movies: Fundi-Mentals, The Captain Of Nakara, Strata
19. Victoria Kimani is a Kenyan singer, songwriter, actress, and entertainer. She was previously signed to Nigerian Record Label Chocolate City and was described as the record label's first lady. As a singer, she is popularly known for her numerous hits and sense of style.
Born: 28 July 1985, Los Angeles, California, United States
Siblings: Bamboo, Kimya Miyaki
Nationality: American, Kenyan
20. Rosemary Wahu Kagwi, professionally known by her mononym Wahu, is a Kenyan singer-songwriter, former fashion model, actress, and entrepreneur. She released her first single, "Niangalie," which received positive reception all over Africa and the world.
Born: 22 March 1980, Nairobi, Kenya
Spouse: Nameless (m. 2005)
Children: Nyakio Mathenge, Tumiso Nyakwea
Parents: GS Kagwi, Nyakio Kagwi
21. Wanja Mworia is a Kenyan actress known for her role in soap opera Makutano Junction. She is most notable for playing various roles in some television series.
Born: 29 March 1986, Nairobi, Kenya
TV shows: Makutano Junction, Wingu la Moto, Noose of Gold, Rush
22. Carolyne Wanjiku Tharau, most commonly known as Wanjiku, the Teacher or Teacher Wanjiku, is a Kenyan comedian, actress, and producer. She founded and is the CEO of Mwalimu Production, a content creating company and where the character Teacher Wanjiku is improved and animated specifically for children.
Born: Nairobi County, Kenya
Notable works and roles: Churchill Show
Education: Mass Communication.
TV shows: Churchill Show
23. Wendy Kimani is a Kenyan singer, songwriter, actress, and entertainer. She came into prominence after being the first runners-up in the second season of Tusker Project Fame. As a singer, she is known for her songs, "Haiwi Haiwi," "Chali," among others.
Born: 18 May 1986, Nairobi, Kenya
Spouse: Marvin Onderwater (m. 2014)
Children: Taji Onderwater
TV shows: Rush
Albums: My Essence
24. Yvonne Grundy is a Kenyan-born English actress, best known for the voice of Nia in the British children's television series Thomas & Friends.
Born: 18 December 1996, Nairobi, Kenya
Education: Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus