Dentist Performance Licensure Exam: List of Reminders, What to Bring, Date, Time Subjects of ExamProgram of the Dental (Performance) Licensure Examination to be given by the Board of Denstistry in Manila on January 3, 4, 5 and 6, 2018.
7:00 A.M. - 7:45 A.M. GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS AND FILLING UP OF FORMS
8:00 A.M - 4:30 P.M. Preparation and submission of projects or works
GROUP I - WEDNESDAY - JANUARY 3, 2018
GROUP II - FRIDAY -JANUARY 5, 2018
8:00 A.M. - 10:00 A.M
A) Class II Amalgam Examination
1. Ideal Class II Cavity - preparation on two posterior teeth.
2. The indicated (1) posterior tooth with cavity preparation will be filled up with Dental Amalgam (Typodont).
10:00 A.M. - 12:00 NN
B) Fixed Partial Denture Examination - Preparation of two abutments (anterior or posterior) for the reception of a Porcelain Fused to Metal Fixed Partial Denture (Typodont).
1 :00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M
C) Removable Partial Denture Design Examination:
1. Bring your own maxillary and mandibular casts (dental stone) taken from a live patient with a full complement of teeth (full dentition). Properly based and trimmed.
2. Knock down the missing teeth on the master cast to be indicated before the start of the examination. Round off and smoothen properly the edentulous areas.
3. Using a surveyor, survey the possible abutment teeth. Place tripod marks on the cast.
4. Design a Bilateral One Piece Casting Removable Partial Denture on the Master Cast.
5. Transfer Design on the top answer sheet (one answer sheet only).
6. Make Laboratory Prescription (Work Authorization) on the top answer sheet (one answer sheet only).
7. Do wax pattern. Prefabricated wax patterns are strictly not allowed.
8:00 A.M - 4:00 P.M.
GROUP I - THURSDAY - JANUARY 4, 2018
GROUP II - SATURDAY - JANUARY 6, 2018
D) Complete Denture (Live Patient)
1. Perform Diagnosis
2. Make Preliminary Impressions
3. Fabricate Diagnostic Casts
4. Fabricate Individual Trays
5. Make Final Impressions
6. Fabricate Master Casts
7. Fabricate Trial Denture Bases (use shellac base plates only) and Occlusion Rims
8. Establish Maxillomandibular Relationships
9. Mount on the Articulator (Semi-Adjustable or Non-Adjustable Articulators can be used)
10. Set Artificial Teeth
11. Perform Gingival Wax-up (Festooning)
12. Perform Denture Try-in
13. Please submit the following together with the patient
a. Patient's Chart and Provide Complete Armamentarium for Mouth Examination 10%
b. Preliminary Impressions 5%
c. Diagnostic Casts 5%
d. Individual Trays with Final Impression Material 15%
e. Articulator with Try-In Dentures Seated on the Master Casts 65%
Total - 100%
1. Only Dental Instruments and Dental Materials that will be utilized for the Practical Examination will be allowed in the work area. Other objects not usually used in the examination will be confiscated. Any examinee caught cheating in any form, including doing short-cuts, will be automatically disqualified from taking both the Dental Written and Practical Examinations and shall be perpetually barred from taking any licensure examination administered by the Professional Regulation Commission.
2. Examinee shall proceed to their respective school assignments for further orientation on the use of the dental laboratory.
3. Examinee shall bring his/her own patient who must be in normal health condition. The presentation of the patient's medical clearance may be required for this purpose.
- Physically and Mentally Fit
- Age limit is 65 years old
- With signed consent form/waiver
IMPORTANT: READ CAREFULLY AND UNDERSTAND THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE PERFORMING ANY EXERCISE. WEAR CLINICAL GOWN.
If this article helped you, share this in your friends on Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Just click any of the buttons above. Sharing is giving. Salamat po!