But, you need to download the right installer to be able to do so. And of course, you won't be able to download the installer if you don't have a LAN or wireless network driver installed even though you have an internet connection. But, if your computer has builtin drivers for LAN, or wireless connection, a good thing for you because you can download the driver installers immediately.
To be able to know your current motherboard model:
1. Just press Start and type dxdiag then ENTER.
2. Just press YES for the message that will popup.
3. Inside DirectX Diagnostic Tool, find the System Model and Manufacturer. For example, the Manufacturer is Lenovo, and the system model is 80T6.
4. Now, go to Google and type Lenovo 80T6 driver installer. The search is general and will give all the available installer for your laptop. Just download the right bit (32 or 64), as well as the correct installer for your operating system. If you are using Windows 7, then download the installer that you can install that driver inside Windows 7 computer.
Tip: If you do not know your current Windows version and bit, just go to Start > right click PC or This PC or Computer > Properties. Only find the Windows edition and the System type, and you will then see your current Windows as well as the bit you have. Done!
5. Now, the leading installers that you wanted to download immediately are:
a. Video or graphic driver (VGA)
b. LAN or Wireless driver (Network connection)
c. Sound driver
d. If mouse is not working, then you also need to download its driver for USB 2 or USB 3.
6. To check what driver is required to be installed, just go to Start > right-click Computer, This PC > Properties > Device Manager. If you see exclamation marks inside your Device Manager, that's the driver that you need to download.
7. Assuming that you downloaded and installed all the needed drivers, restarting your computer is also required.
But what if your Google search is not giving you the exact driver that you needed. Then you need to search more precisely.
1. For example, I want to download the sound driver. Just google search "Sound driver Lenovo 80T6 Windows 7 64 bit."
2. Then click some results and try downloading that audio card driver for your pc.
3. The same search query applies for the other installers needed, just replace the sound with VGA or graphics for video card driver, or replace it with LAN Ethernet driver for network connection driver.
Now, if an internet connection is not available in your place, you can just go to your friend or nearest computer shop to download your drivers. Otherwise, you won't be able to use your laptop. So, next time, before reformatting your computer, download first the needed driver installer and make a Backup of it. You can save it in a CD, or inside your Backup drive, in a USB flash drive or external hard drive.
If your computer is really making it hard for you to install all its drivers, then you can use the online Driverpack program. (Note: You need an internet connection for this one.) Just visit the DriverPack Online website and download the DriverPack Online and install it. After installation, run it, and it will automatically detect all the needed and compatible drivers for your laptop. It doesn't matter what kind of board model you have, or what type of system or OS you have, this software will do the job for you. You just need to wait for some time because it will depend on your internet connection. The faster connection, the faster the downloading and installation of the required driver is.
If the process above did not work also. You can directly visit the website of your laptop brand. If you are using Samsung, then visit their website, if you are using Lenovo, Acer, then they can have the drivers that you are looking for.
Lastly, if you are still not sure of what to do, then, you can contact your friend that knows a lot about computer and is used to formatting computers.