LIST: Most Beautiful Malian Actresses
1. Fatoumata Coulibaly is a Malian film actress, director, journalist, and women's rights activist, particularly against female genital mutilation.
Movies: Moolaadé (2004), Guimba the Tyrant (1995), Swirl in Bamako (2012), Aphrodite, the Garden of the Perfumes (1998), Demain et tous les jours après (2001)
2. Awa Traoré (Arabic: أوا تراوري), is a Malian filmmaker and film actress. Apart from direction, Traoré is also an assistant director, composer and writer.
Movies: The African Child, Denko, Notre Pain Capital, Waliden, Children of Others
3. Youma Diakite, also known simply as Youma, is a Malian model, actress, television personality and showgirl, mainly active in Italy. She is internationally known also as "the other Naomi" because she is very similar to Naomi Campbell.
Born: 1 May 1971, Mali
Height: 1.73 m
Movies and TV shows: Resto umile World Show, Fratella e sorello (2004), E adesso sesso (2001), Teen Star Academy (2016), John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017)
4. Ramata Koite is an actress.
Born: 1971, Mali
Movies: La Possibilité d'une île (2008), Rottweiler (2004), Nana (2005), The City of No Limits (2002), Fish People (2001)
5. Fatoumata Diawara is a Malian actress, singer-songwriter and multiple Grammy Award nominee currently living in France.
Born: 1982, Côte d'Ivoire
Movies: Timbuktu, Yao, Mali Blues, Sia, The Dream of the Python
Genres: Folk music, Wassoulou music
Albums: Fenfo (Something To Say) (2018), Fatou (2011), At Home (2015), At Home (Live in Marciac) (2015), Kanou EP (2011, EP)
6. Rokia Traoré is a Malian-born singer, songwriter and guitarist. She made six albums between 1998 and 2016. Bowmboï won the Critics Award category at the BBC Radio 3 Awards for World Music in 2004 and Tchamantché won Victoires de la Musique World Music Album of the Year in 2009.
Born: 24 January 1974, Kati, Mali
Movies: Kirikou and the Wild Beasts, Avida, All the Invisible Children, Rokia: Voice of a New Generation
Genres: World, Electroacoustic music, Afrobeat, Folk music
7. Inna Bocoum, also known as Inna Modja, is a Malian-French female singer and model. "Modja" means "bad, not good" in Fulfulde.
Born: 19 May 1984, Bamako, Mali
Movies: The Great Green Wall, Wùlu, The Holy Family, Jamais sans toi, Louna
Music group: Les Parisiennes (Since 2017)
8. Aïssa Maïga is a Senegal-born French actress, director, writer, producer, and activist. Maïga has worked with major auteurs like Michael Haneke, Abderrahmane Sissako and Michel Gondry, and recently starred in Chiwetel Ejiofor’s directorial debut. Maïga was born to a Malian father and Senegalese mother.
Born: 25 May 1975, Dakar, Senegal
Parents: Mohamed Maïga
Children: Sonni Pocrain, Kwameh Pocrain
TV shows: Taken Down, Il a déjà tes yeux
Books: Noire n'est pas mon métier
Movies: The African Doctor (2016), He Even Has Your Eyes (2016), The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind (2019), Anything for Alice (2014), Bamako (2006)
9. Djeneba Kone is a film actress.
Movies: Kabala, Faro, Goddess of the Waters (2007), A Screaming Man (2010), Bamako (2006), The Place in Between (2010)