So you better upload a fresh Joomla installer on a free web host, and then, you can do all the installations and updates online.
This tutorial will teach you the following:
1. Register a free Web Hosting account on Awardspace.net for your Joomla installation
2. Create a free subdomain for your Joomla website.
3. How to upload your Joomla installer inside your file Manager we host.
4. Create MySQL Database, which is also very vital for your Joomla Installation.
5. All the Installation configurations for your Joomla installation.
6. Removing the Installation folder.
7. Viewing your Joomla website.
8. Accessing your Joomla Admin account.
Register a free Web Hosting account on Awardspace.net for your Joomla installation
1. Go to the Awardspace website and click the Free Sign Up button.
2. Fill up the given form with your Name, valid email address (you will need to confirm your email address later, so you need to type in a valid one), and password. Click the Register Now button.
3. If there is an error regarding your IP address. Then you need the proxy to be able to change your IP address. If none, ignore this step and proceed to step No. 6. Now, to have a different IP address, you can download Ultrasurf for free. After downloading, open Ultrasurf and go to Option > Proxy Setting > Directly use Ultrasurf.
4. When your Ultrasurf is already connected, try registering again.
5. Assuming that you bypassed the IP restriction, you can now close your Ultrasurf.
6. If you successfully registered an account, you will see the image below, saying Thank you for registering! Just click the login to your account button to proceed.
7. Inside your free web host account, you will see there the Please activate your account message. Just login to your email and see the Activation email there coming from NameSpace. If you cannot see it inside Inbox, then try looking inside the Spam/Junk folder. Just confirm it to make your account fully activated.
Create a free subdomain for your Joomla website, this will cover your Joomla frontend and backend pages also.
1. Inside your Awardspace Cpanel, click Hosting Tools > Domain Manager.
2. Click Create a Free Subdomain > enter any name that you want for your subdomain > select the domain name > click Create button.
3. When done, your free subdomain will under the subdomain section of your Domain Manager. You can view it Open website under Status.
You will now upload your Joomla files installer to your web host File Manager to be able to install it online.
1. Download Joomla installer here.
2. After downloading, rename your Joomla file from Joomla.zip to Joomla.txt. See also if your Joomla file is not exceeding 15 MB; if yes, then you need to split the files to be able to upload it online in Namespace. Namespace only allows a maximum of 15 MB file size per upload. And we are renaming your .zip to .txt because Namespace does not allow uploading of .zip files for a free account. But we will trick the Namespace system by changing the file extension from .zip to .txt.
3. When done renaming, go to your Hosting Tools > File Manager.
4. Double-click your website folder directory.
5. Inside your website folder, directory click upload.
6. Now, click Click to select files button.
7. Go to the location of your Joomla.txt file. Select it and press the Open button.
8. Now, press the Upload button.
9. When done uploading, you will see the selected files have been uploaded notification successfully.
10. Just close the uploader, and see if you really uploaded the Joomla file.
11. Now, select your Joomla.txt file and then click the Extract button.
12. Just click Yes for Are you sure you want to extract the selected files?
13. After successful extraction, you will see all the contents of the Joomla.txt file inside your website directory.
Its time to create MySQL Database for Joomla Installation. See the steps below.
Important: Copy and paste inside a Notepad the Database Name, User, Host, and Password because you will use all that information on the next tutorial.
1. Now again, click Hosting Tools > MySQL Databases
2. Under the Database tab > Create MySQL Database, fillup all the fields.
For Database Name, choose any name that you want, for the password, just click the Generate button to create a strong password. Then copy that password in the Confirm Database Password and also inside your Notepad. For the Database version, just leave it. Then click the Create Database button.
3. When done, you will see your newly created database under the MySQL Databases. You will see there the Database Name, User, and Host. Copy all the three details in your Notepad also.
We will now install your Joomla into the free web host. Carefully follow all the steps below.
1. Go to Hosting Tools > Domain Manager.
2. Find your subdomain and under Status click Open Website.
3. We are now at Step 1 of the Joomla installation. For the Site Name, name your website according to its content. For the description, describe what your website is all about. For email, input a valid email address. You will need this once you forgot your Administrator account password. For username, type any username your want as well as for the password. Do not ignore these details. Note: username and password on this step are not related to the username and password you've done previously. Confirm your password and press NEXT.
4. In the Database Configuration (Step 2 of Joomla Installation), these are where you are going to use all the details that you save inside your Notepad during the previous tutorial. Just copy and paste all the needed features for the Host Name, Username (user), Password, and Database name. Leave the other fields untouched. Press NEXT.
5. For the Finalization just select None, and then click Install.
6. Wait for the Joomla installation to finish.
7. When done, click the Remove "installation" folder button.
8. And your Joomla is now installed. To visit and see your website click the Site button. To see your Administrator account, click the Administrator button. Done!
Here is the sample finished Joomla website using this tutorial.